Whether you’re kicking off the new year with new healthy habits, sticking to your tried-and-tested routine, or feeling lost and uncertain where to start, visualising what you want from 2023 can help to provide inspiration.
Benefits of creating a vision board
Creating a vision board, can help to provide visual representation of your goals and aspirations - in all areas of your life.
From career progression to mindfulness, it’is a tool that can help with setting and achieving personal and professional goals, as well as promoting a positive mindset and your overall well-being.
Creating a vision board means you’re able to see your goals in a tangible form, which can serve as a reminder and your motivation to take action towards achieving them.
Additionally, it can also serve as a reminder to stay focused on what is important to you, and to make choices that align with your values and aspirations.
So, what exactly is a vision board?
A vision board is a collection of images, quotes and affirmations that represent the things you want to manifest in your life.
Your board acts as a source of motivation and inspiration to keep you focused on achieving your goals. So, place it where you can see it everyday.
How should I create my vision board?
Creating a vision board is a fun and simple process that can be done at the start of a new year, or any time you want to set new goals for yourself. Here are the steps for creating your very own vision board:
- CREATE A VIBE - Start off by creating a space where you feel peaceful & comfortable. Grab a drink of choice, pop on some relaxing music and the rest will flow naturally.
- SET YOUR INTENTIONS - Before creating your vision board, take the time to think about what you want to manifest in your life in 2023. Consider different areas of your life such as career, social life, relationships, financials, adventures and personal growth. Write them down!
- FIND YOUR IMAGES & QUOTES THAT REPRESENT YOUR VISION - Use pinterest to search for pictures and quotes that clearly resonate with you and your goals. Save them down. The hardest thing is starting but, once you do you’ll be flying.
- CREATE YOUR VISION BOARD - Once you have your images and quotes, Canva is a brilliant way to create your board. You can experiment with this website making it as creative as you like. Once you’re happy with the finished piece, export it as a PDF and put it everywhere - your phone lockscreen, laptop desktop, print it out & put it on your fridge…EVERYWHERE! This will help to keep your intentions at the forefront of your mind and remind you to take action towards achieving your goals.
- REFLECT AND REVISE - In order to help you achieve your goals you must reflect on your vision board regularly and consider if anything needs to be revised or removed. As you achieve your goals or as you set new goals, make sure to update it accordingly.
Other tips for your vision board
Remember, your vision board is a personal statement about you and your life. Make it fun, colorful, and reflective of you. And most importantly, allow it to be a tool for inspiration and motivation.
Lastly, remember new goals, intentions and aspirations can come at any time, not just the start of a new year. So, if now doesn’t feel like the right time, don’t put pressure on yourself - save this one for later. Happy goal setting Sistas.