These are a delicious way to start the day and are packed with all your essential macros and micros to create a balanced and beneficial breakfast. Recipe created by @Josiehull12
Oats contain large amounts of beta-glucan, a type of soluble fiber that aids digestion, lowers cholesterol and helps reduce blood sugar.
The Protein powder provides essential amino acids which are the building blocks of muscle, cells and a healthy immune system. Our protein powders are also fortified with added vitamins and minerals such as Iron, Calcium and superfoods to give an extra boost.
Ingredients for the cookies:
- 100g rolled oats
- 1 large or 2 small ones ripe banana’s
- 50g vegan protein powder - I recommend FreeSoul salted caramel or chocolate
- 5g cacao powder
- ½ tsp baking powder
- Lotus Biscuits
- Free Soul Sistas Chocolate Speculuus vegan protein bars cut up
- Biscoff spread
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees fan
- Mix the protein powder and cacao powder with a splash of water to make a paste. Vegan protein will need more water than whey.
- Mash the banana’s in a bowl, then mix in the protein paste
- Stir in the oats and baking powder to create a cookie dough
- Spoon the mixture into 8 even cookies on a lined baking tray
- Bake for 10 minutes until cooked!
This makes 8 great sized cookies. I recommend 4 per serving so save half the batch for tomorrows breakfast or desert!