Let's talk about these Biscoff protein cookies - they're not just a treat for your taste buds, they're a great way to kickstart your day too. They're stuffed full of all the vital macros and micros you need to achieve a balanced and beneficial breakfast.
These little gems aren't just high in protein; they offer a nice array of nutrients to fuel your morning. Trust me, once you take a bite, breakfast will never be the same. Shoutout to @Josiehull12 for creating this recipe - we appreciate you turning an ordinary morning into something extraordinary with these protein-packed cookies. Give them a go, you won't regret it!
Oats contain large amounts of beta-glucan, a type of soluble fiber that aids digestion, lowers cholesterol and helps reduce blood sugar.
Ingredients for the cookies:
- 100g of rolled oats
- Either one large ripe banana or two smaller ones
- 50g of free soul vegan protein powder (we recommend using either the salted caramel or chocolate variety from Free Soul for a delightful flavour and protein boost)
- 5g of cacao powder
- ½ teaspoon of baking powder
- Lotus Biscuits
- Free Soul Sistas Chocolate Speculoos vegan protein bars cut up
- Biscoff spread
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees fan
- Mix the protein powder and cacao powder with a splash of water to make a paste. Vegan protein will need more water than whey.
- Mash the banana’s in a bowl, then mix in the protein paste
- Stir in the oats and baking powder to create a cookie dough
- Spoon the mixture into 8 even cookies on a lined baking tray
- Bake for 10 minutes until cooked!
This makes 8 great sized cookies. I recommend 4 per serving so save half the batch for tomorrow's breakfast or desert! These biscoff protein cookies are perfect for any occasion and a great way to get a quick boost of energy. Head to our recipes page for more inspo.
Tips for serving biscoff protein breakfast cookies
Freshness: Serve your vegan protein cookies fresh out of the oven for a warm, comforting treat. The heat intensifies the Biscoff flavour and the aroma will be irresistible!
Protein Boost: Boost your cookie's protein content by adding a scoop of Free Soul vegan protein powder. It adds not just nutrition, but also a subtle flavour enhancement that pairs perfectly with the Biscoff spread.
Garnish: Sprinkle crushed Biscoff biscuits or a little bit of cinnamon on top of the protein breakfast cookies before baking. This gives them an attractive finish and adds an extra flavour punch.
Dips & Spreads: Serve these cookies with some extra Biscoff spread, almond butter, or even a dollop of Greek yoghurt on the side. It's a great way to mix up the flavours and textures.
Pairings: For a complete breakfast, pair these cookies with a glass of almond milk or a cup of coffee. The bitterness of the coffee or the nuttiness of the almond milk complement the sweet, spiced Biscoff flavour perfectly.
Storage: If you're not serving the cookies immediately, make sure to store them in an airtight container to maintain their freshness and crunch.