Recipe created by Spoonful.of.fitness
Serving size: 14 cookies
- 140g plain flour (If using gluten free flour add a teaspoon of xanthan gum)
- 35g vegan vanilla protein
- 1 tablespoon flaxseed (optional)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoon ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon all spice mix
- 40g melted dairy free butter
- 1 egg/vegan flaxseed egg
- 1 + 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 20g syrup of choice (agave nectar, maple syrup, honey etc)
- ICING- 2 tablespoons icing sugar mixed with 1 tablespoon water (add colouring if you like!
- Mix the butter, egg, vanilla and honey together.
- In a separate bowl mix the protein powder, flour, spices, flaxseed (optional) and baking powder together
- Add the wet ingredients into the dry bowl and combine well.
- Use your hands to form a dough and place onto a clear kitchen surface
- A very useful tip for rolling out your dough is to place the dough on a sheet of cling film and place another sheet of cling film on top to avoid sticking!
- Roll out the dough using a rolling pin until 1/4 inch thick (don't worry the dough feels crumbly but holds well!)
- Cut out your shapes using cookie cutters and place onto a baking tray
- Place into a preheated oven at 180 degrees celcius for 10 minutes
- Leave to cool fully before icing them!