🥞20g Free Soul vanilla protein
🥞180ml almond milk
🥞1 tsp lemon juice
🥞35g oat flour (oats whizzed in a blender to a fine flour)
🥞35g GF flour blend (or plain, spelt or wholemeal flour)
🥞½ tsp baking powder
🥞½ tsp bicarbonate of soda
🥞½ tsp cinnamon
🥞¼ tsp ground ginger
🥞Pinch each of ground cloves, nutmeg
🥞60g grated and peeled carrot
🥞To serve: cream cheese glaze, fruit, cacao nibs
1. Preheat the oven to 160Fan/180*C. Mix the milk and lemon juice together and leave for 5 minutes to curdle.
2. Stir together the oat flour, GF flour, protein powder, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda and all the spices.
3. Pour the wet mix into the dry and whisk until combined – a few lumps are OK. Stir in the grated carrots and the raisins.
4. Pour into a lightly greased mini skillet or ramekin dish (about 14 cm diameter) and bake for 25 minutes until golden and risen – an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
5. Allow to cool slightly as it will continue to cook, before serving with your favourite toppings. For the cream cheese glaze, stir together 1 tbsp vegan cream cheese with a splash of water, and some grated orange zest until smooth