If protein bars, cookie dough and cookies had a baby - this would be it. This wonderfully simple DIY recipe requires near zero preparation and cooking time. It's made with oat flour, almond butter and our Free Soul vanilla protein powder. Topped with a delicious chocolate coating, these protein bars are irresistible! Plus, they're vegan and gluten-free.
Almond butter is a great source of healthy mono-saturated fats and vitamin E, known for it's amazing dose of antioxidants. The added nutrition of the dark chocolate adds an extra punch of antioxidants, which may improve blood flow and lower blood pressure.
These delicious protein bars are easy to make and store. A great little snack or a little boost post-workout.
48g Free Soul Vanilla Vegan Protein Powder
¼ tsp Baking Powder
113g Maple Syrup
120g Almond Butter
60ml Almond Milk
1 tsp Vanilla Extract
85g Dark Chocolate
1 tbsp Coconut Oil
1 tbsp Almond Butter
Sprinkling Sea Salt
1. Line a square baking tray.
2. Place the oats into a blender and blitz until you get a flour.
3. Place oat flour, protein powder and baking powder in a large mixing bowl.
4. Add maple syrup, almond butter, almond milk and vanilla.
5. Mix until you have a dough.
6. Press into tray.
7. Make the chocolate coating by placing dark chocolate, coconut oil and almond butter into the microwave.
8. Pour chocolate over base and spread evenly.
9. Freeze for 2 hours before slicing into 12 bars.
10. Top with a sprinkling of salt.