Fuel your body with our Protein pancake recipes
If, like us, you are obsessed with pancake day… then you’re in the right place! Whether you’re a fluffy ricotta hotcakes, zesty lemon crepes, or chocolate smothered pancakes kind of girl, we’ve got all of your pancake desires covered this pancake day.
Pancakes are often only seen as a delicious sugary treat to enjoy at brunch, but they don’t need to send your cortisol levels flying, they can actually be a great source of protein and a delicious way to start your day.
If you are looking to add more plant-based protein options to your diet, you need to try these pancakes. Add 2 tablespoons of our Vegan Protein Blend to your favourite pancake recipes for an extra dose of protein. Our Vegan Protein Blend is available in 4 delicious flavours to suit your cravings: Vanilla, Chocolate, Salted-Caramel and Berry.
Strawberry and Banana Protein Pancakes
If you love a pancake stack, then these are the pancakes for you. You can’t beat the classic combo of strawberries and bananas, packed with protein and a delicious way to start your day.
- 1 cup of oats
- 1 tbsp Free Soul’s Salted Caramel Vegan Protein Blend
- 2 bananas
- Handful of strawberries
- Milk of choice
- 2 cups of coconut flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Handful of strawberries, maple syrup and nuts to serve
- Add your oats to a blender and blend for 15-20 seconds until they are broken down into a flour consistency.
- Add your oats, 1 tbsp of Free Soul’s Salted Caramel Vegan Protein Blend, coconut flour and baking in a bowl and mix to combine.
- In a separate bowl, mash your bananas and milk of choice and mix. Add your dry ingredients to your wet and mix until combined into a thick batter.
- Heat a large non-stick frying pan on a low-medium heat. Once hot, add oil or butter. Drop equal size dollops of batter into the pan. Cook for 3-4 minutes until bubbles start to form on the outside. Flip and cook for another 1-2 minutes until golden brown.
- Add strawberries, raspberries and sliced banana with a drizzle of maple syrup or yoghurt to serve. For an extra boost of protein we also like to serve with a sprinkle of seeds and nuts.
Lemon and Ricotta Protein Pancakes with Blueberries
Our deliciously fluffy and zesty lemon and ricotta pancakes are a staple recipe you need to try. Enjoy with an extra dollop of Greek Yoghurt and lots of sweet blueberries for an extra dose of protein and antioxidants. These pancakes make the perfect brunch recipe!
- 1 cup of ricotta cheese
- 1 cup of buttermilk
- 2 eggs
- 2 lemons (juice and zest)
- 1 tbsp Free Soul’s Vanilla Vegan Protein Blend
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 cups self-raising Flour
- Mix the ricotta cheese, buttermilk, eggs, lemon juice and 1 tbsp of Free Soul’s Vanilla Vegan Protein Blend in a bowl.
- Zest the skin of 1 lemon and place the lemon to one side for juicing.
- Add the lemon zest, baking powder baking soda and flour to the bowl and mix till you get a batter-like consistency.
- Melt some butter in a non-stick frying pan on a low to medium heat and cook each pancake until bubbles form on the top of the pancakes.
- Serve with a drizzle of lemon juice or honey and a handful of blueberries. For an extra serving of protein, enjoy with ricotta or Greek yoghurt.
Gluten-Free Chocolate Protein Pancakes
A tasty gluten-free alternative for the chocolate lovers...and yes you can have healthy chocolate pancakes with 20g of protein.Ingredients:
- 4 eggs
- 2 ripe bananas
- ¾ cup of oats
- 2 tbsp of Free Soul’s Chocolate Vegan Protein Blend
- 4 tsp of baking powder
- 1 tbsp of coconut oil
- Peanut butter, raspberries and chia seeds to serve
- Add your oats, 1 tbsp of Free Soul’s Chocolate Vegan Protein Blend and baking powder into a blender.
- In a separate bowl, mash your bananas then add your egg. Add your wet ingredients to your blender and mix until combined into a thick batter.
- Add 1 tbsp of coconut oil to a non-stick frying pan on low to medium heat and cook each pancake until bubbles form on the top of the pancakes.
- Drizzle with peanut butter and top with raspberries and chia seeds to serve.
Want to try more of our vegan pancake recipes…check out our favourite recipes here!