Porridge season is officially here and we couldn’t be more excited. Our winter coats are on and it’s time to stock up on our favourite oats. Try out these delicious autumn oats recipes, the perfect start to those crisp, chilly mornings.
Apple and Cinnamon Porridge
There’s no better combo than apple and cinnamon to start your day. Your classic porridge recipe but with a spiced autumnal twist.
- 1 cup of oats
- 1 eating apple, peeled, cored and roughly chopped
- 1/2 tbsp of coconut oil
- 1 tsp of ground cinnamon
- 2 tbsp or 30g of FS Vanilla Vegan Protein Blend
- 2 cups of a milk of your choice
- A drizzle of honey or brown sugar (optional)
- Peel, core and roughly chop your apple into small pieces.
- Add the apples, coconut oil and 3 tbsp of cold water into a pan, cover with a lid and cook for 10 mins on a medium heat till the apples soften.
- Add a sprinkle of brown sugar or honey to the apples if you want that delicious caramelised flavour.
- When the apples are soft, add the oats, Vanilla Protein Blend and milk and stir in the cinnamon. Turn the heat down low to gently simmer the porridge to your liking.
- Stir the oats regularly with a wooden spoon to stop the oats from clumping together. Add more milk or a touch of water to find the consistency that you like.
- Serve in your favourite bowl and top with a sprinkle of cinnamon or a drizzle of honey.
Chocolate Protein Overnight Oats
If you love a chocolatey recipe and are looking for ways to incorporate protein into your breakfast, this one's for you!
- A serving of porridge oats (if you want to make multiple servings, double the ingredients for your daily meal prep)
- 1/2 cup of a milk of your choice
- 2 tbsp or 30g of FS Chocolate Vegan Protein Blend
- A drizzle of honey or maple syrup
- Your favourite berries or toppings to serve
- Whisk together your milk of choice, FS Chocolate Vegan Protein Blend and honey.
- Add your porridge oats to the mixture and stir to combine.
- Pour the chocolate overnight oats mixture into your favourite container or jar. Then place in the fridge to chill overnight (for at least 12 hours).
- Top with your favourite berries and seeds for an extra gut-loving boost.
Banana & Blueberry Baked Oats
Enjoy this warming and delicious baked oats recipe for breakfast. A go-to for a cold winter’s morning.
- 1 ripe banana
- 1 cup of oats
- 2 tbsp or 30g of FS Salted Caramel Vegan Protein Blend
- 1 tsp of baking powder
- 1 cup of milk (or a plant-based alternative)
- 1-2 cups of blueberries
- A drizzle of honey if you like your oats sweet
- Mash a banana into a bowl and mix in your oats, FS Salted Caramel Vegan Protein Blend, baking powder and milk.
- Add the blueberries to the mixture and a drizzle of honey.
- Pour the mixture into a grease-proof tray or ramekin dishes and bake in the oven on a low heat for 20 mins.
- Serve with a spoonful of yoghurt and some fresh blueberries.